To provide direct instruction to students in Physical Education in order to deliver Methuen Public Schools high expectations for achievement, equal access to high levels of instruction, the achievement of academic proficiency for all students, and the closing of the achievement gap among subgroups within the schools.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of students.
- Creates a classroom environment that is safe and conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, projects, in order to communicate these objectives to students.
- Employs best instructional methods (i.e.Universal Design for Learning) and materials that are most appropriate for meeting stated objectives.
- Communicates with colleagues, students, and or parents on a regular basis.
- Adheres to all policies and/or rules governing student life and conduct, and for the classroom develops reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure, and maintains order in the classroom.
The Methuen Public Schools prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, disability, gender identity, religion, national origin or sexual orientation and ensures that all students and employees have equal rights of access and equal enjoyment of the opportunities, advantages, privileges and courses of study.