Provides services to assist students in achieving a better understanding of specific subject material and in improving academic capabilities in designated areas. Collaborates with the school principal and staff members to assess students' needs and how best to address them.
- Teaches students academic, social, and motor skills in public schools.
- Prepares course objectives and outline for course of study following curriculum guidelines or requirements of state and school.
- Lectures, demonstrates, and uses audiovisual teaching aids and best practices to present subject matter to class.
- Prepares, administers, and corrects tests, and records results
- Assigns lessons, corrects papers, and hears oral presentations
- Teaches behavioral expectations.
- Develops a behavioral plan and maintains order in classroom, on playground and throughout the campus.
- Counsels students when adjustment and academic problems arise.
- Discusses students' academic and behavioral attitudes and achievements with parents.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Masterful knowledge of curriculum and best practices.
- Highly developed presentation skills.
- Knowledge of effective staff development models that lead to the successful development of effective teachers.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Considerable human relations and human development skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Good technical skills with technology and presentation tools.