- Provide regularly scheduled health and physical education classes to students in the LifeWorks Schools.
- Organize, lead, instruct and referee indoor and outdoor games.
- Assist in sponsoring and supervising certain school activities.
- Maintain an environment conducive to student’s social and emotional growth.
- Evaluate progress of students through grades and observation.
- Manage behavior through level system, S.M.A.R.T. Program and code of conduct.
- Bachelor’s level degree in Health and Physical Education, with valid teaching certification.
- Master’s degree in Education or related field or Special Education certification preferred.
- Prior experience working with students with disabilities and adolescents with behavioral health challenges within a school setting is highly desirable.
All UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.