This position facilitates learning, academic achievement and personal development by providing instruction to students. This position also develops and implements curriculum and lesson plans, utilizes technology to facilitate learning, and demonstrates understanding the varying learning styles and the needs of a diverse student population.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Considerable knowledge of core curriculum areas for which the teacher is responsible for instructing, including specialized knowledge in certain fields such as reading, mathematics, science, business, music, art, languages, and so forth, as appropriate;
- Considerable knowledge of educational philosophy, teaching methods and approaches, and currently researched best practices and strategies;
- Knowledge of child development;
- Knowledge of classroom management techniques;
- Knowledge of instructional technologies;
- Skill in maintaining and developing reports;
- Ability and flexibility to interact effectively with students, parents, and other school staff, the administration, and community members of diverse ethnic/racial and socioeconomic backgrounds;
- Ability to adapt teaching styles to diverse student populations;
- Ability to apply the principles of Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) and Response to Intervention (RTI);
- Advises, assists, and supervises students, as appropriate, with internships, volunteering and community service projects, securing training stations and employment including employment forms, and regarding various District, State and national competitions;
- Evaluates student performance through examinations, homework assignments, and other methods, promoting student achievement, maintaining the required student records, and, submits required reports, including report cards, to the principal or other school administrators, assessing students’ academic, behavioral and vocational needs, determining student mastery of subjects, and facilitating District-wide testing of students;
- Implements the goals, objectives and standards of the District, the school, and the specific program or department, following a prescribed course of study as delineated in curriculum outlines and authorized by the building principal, developing, adapting, and updating curriculum; and developing and implementing lesson plans.