ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Creates a classroom environment that makes space for student voice, student agency, and is intellectually and socially safe for learning.
- Develops classroom routines and rituals to support a culture of learning and utilizes a balance of proactive evidenced based strategies to manage conflict and redirect negative behavior.
- Maintains order and discipline in the classroom conducive to effective learning and takes all necessary safety precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
- Plans and prepares lessons individually and collaboratively aligned with Calvert County curricula that outlines clear learning goals, assignments, and instructional materials that promote physical, mental and social development.
- Incorporate research-based strategies, evidence-based practices, and instructional technology within the learning process.
- Develops, selects, and modifies instructional plans and materials aligned to Calvert County curricula that meets the needs of every student regardless of their background, ability, or social-economic status.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A Maryland Professional Eligibility Certificate, Standard Professional Certificate or Advanced Professional Certificate in the appropriate field of education; or
- A Maryland Conditional Degree Certificate as outlined in the Code of Maryland Regulations (COMAR).
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Demonstrated ability to relate effectively to students, teachers, staff, central office personnel, and community members.
- Understanding of and ability to maintain rapport with persons from diverse, cultural, ethnic, and racial groups.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Calvert County Public Schools may find appropriate and acceptable.
Calvert County Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, ancestry or national origin, familial status, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, or genetic information or age in its programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups.