- Develops and administers school Physical Education curriculum consistent with school district goals and objectives.
- Teaches classes based on both the Illinois Learning Standards as well as the Standards for Education for Sustainability.
- Promotes a classroom environment that is safe and conducive to individualized and small group instruction, and student learning.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and translates lesson plans into learning experiences so as to best utilize the available time for instruction
- Conducts ongoing assessment of student learning, and modifies instructional methods to fit individual student's needs, including students with special needs; conducts individual and small group instruction as needed.
- Instructs students in the principles of responsible citizenship and other subject matters specified in applicable laws, as well as administrative regulations and procedures of the school system.
- Continues to acquire professional knowledge and follow current developments in the educational field by attending seminars, workshops or professional meetings, or by conducting research.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of data information systems, data analysis and the formulation of action plans.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding education and students.
- Ability to use computer network systems and software applications as needed.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents.
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance and professional growth.
- K-9 (Type 03) Certificate w/PE Endorsement or PE Certified or equivalent.
- Environmental/Outdoor Education background is a plus.