Under the direction of the supervisor, develops lesson plans and presents lessons in subject areas to students. Plans, organizes, and implements an appropriate instructional program and learning environment for students.
- Plan, prepare and deliver lesson plans and instructional materials that facilitate active learning.
- Develops schemes of work, lesson plans and tests that are in accordance with established procedures.
- Instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and equipment.
- Differentiates physical education instruction.
- Manages student behavior in the classroom by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures.
- Maintain discipline in accordance with the rules and disciplinary systems of the school.
- Provide appropriate feedback on physical education skills.
- Encourage and monitor the progress of individual students and use information to adjust teaching strategies.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of students’ progress and development.
- Update all necessary records accurately and completely as required by laws, district policies and school regulations.
- Prepare required reports on students and activities.
- Participate in department, school, district and parent meetings.
- Completion of an undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university and be eligible to obtain a Georgia Clear and Renewable Teacher Certificate as required by statute.
- Hold a Provisional Georgia Educator’s Certificate AND eligible to obtain a Georgia Clear and Renewable Teacher Certificate as required by statute.