- Bachelor's Degree.
- Experience teaching in a diverse public elementary school preferred.
- Strong foundation in student-centered pedagogy.
- Knowledge of the developmental needs of children.
- Strong content-area knowledge and expertise.
- Knowledge of elementary school philosophy.
- Thorough understanding of theories and teaching methodologies along with a sophisticated understanding of the academic, social, and emotional needs of elementary school students.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
- Provides learning experiences in physical education guided by the Massachusetts Curriculum Frameworks and district standards and requirements, while creating an environment that is conducive to student learning and involvement.
- Monitors students' understanding of the curriculum effectively and adjusts instruction, materials, and assessments when appropriate.
- Evaluates, tries innovative approaches, and refines instructional strategies, including the effective use of technologies available to teachers, to increase student learning, involvement, and confidence to learn.
- Demonstrates appreciation for and sensitivity to, the diversity among individuals and strives to ensure equitable opportunities for student learning.
- Shares responsibility for accomplishing the goals and priorities of his/her grade/team/PLC/department, building and school district, attending all faculty and committee meetings as required, and district-wide committees as needed.
- Any other relative duties as assigned.
The Natick Public Schools do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, nationality, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, physical and intellectual differences, immigration status, homeless status, or any other class protected by law.