U Prep teachers are responsible for implementing curriculum, maintaining a positive classroom culture, using assessments to drive instructional practice, using district resources in an efficient and responsible manner, contributing to the educational and social development of all students, and participating in the professional development of the learning community.
- Knowledge of curriculum, instruction, and assessment;
- Mission-driven, connecting the overall teaching strategy to the goals of U Prep Schools;
- Ability to nurture and sustain high-quality teaching;
- Experience in building positive relationships with colleagues, students, and parents;
- Ability to make decisions in a strategic way balancing building strong relationships and maintaining high academic rigor;
- Courage to make decisions in support of academic and cultural goals while maintaining a steady pulse of team and school goals.
- Works closely with principal to create and lead an effective Data Team within the school;
- Utilizes data to implement learning model and modify instructional practices and daily lesson plans as needed;
- Utilizes effective instructional practices responding to the needs of each student in the learning community.