To create a flexible elementary grade program and a class environment favorable to learning and personal growth; to establish effective rapport with pupils; to motivate pupils to develop skills, attitudes and knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for elementary grade education, in accordance with each pupil's ability; to establish good relationships with parents and other staff members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teaches district approved curriculum.
- Instructs students in citizenship and basic subject matter specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the school district.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional material and provides individualized and small group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
- Translates lesson plans into developmentally appropriate learning experiences.
- Communicates regularly with parents outside normal classroom day by means of newsletters, notes, phone calls, conference, etc.
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior to achieve an effective learning atmosphere.
- Evaluates students' academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records and prepares progress reports.
- Identifies student needs and makes appropriate referrals and develops strategies for individual education plans.
- Is available to students and parents for education-related purposes outside the instructional day.
- Valid Arizona Teaching Certification.
- Obtain and maintain a valid Arizona Identity Verified Prints (IVP) Fingerprint Clearance Card (AZ IVP FPCC).
- Read and interpret general documents such as employee handbooks and safety/training manuals.
- Write general correspondence and speak effectively with others.
- Add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimal.