Provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences designed to fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Enable students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society.
- Bachelor’s Degree from accredited university.
- Valid Texas teaching certificate, with required endorsements for subject/level assigned.
- ESL Certification required within six months of employment.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Develop and implement plans for the curriculum program assigned and show written evidence of preparation as required.
- Prepare lessons that reflect accommodation for individual student differences.
- Present the subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative regulations.
- Plan and use appropriate instructional/learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect accommodation for individual needs of students assigned.
- Communicate and promote expectations for high level performance from students and recognize excellence in achievement.
- Develop instructional activities, which incorporate appropriate student learning styles to meet student needs.
- Work cooperatively with special education teachers to modify curricula as needed for special education students according to guidelines established by Individual Education Plans.