To provide educational opportunities where students may fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and psychological growth in a standard classroom or Montessori setting; and to provide rigorous instruction that will result in students achieving academic success in accordance with Cincinnati Public Schools standards.
- Possess a strong knowledge of content area and deep understanding of state standards related to class(es) taught.
- Prepare rigorous, inclusive, engaging lessons and other instructional materials to meet individual needs of all students and align with the districts Anti-racism and Equity policies.
- Use assessment data to inform planning and modify lesson plans to meet the needs of all students.
- Maintains a classroom atmosphere which is safe, inclusive and conducive to learning.
- Exhibit positive rapport with students, families, and staff interacting verbally and physically in a professional manner at all times.
- Maintains strong lines of communication with parents / guardians using the tools provided by the district including, but not limited to Powerschool and Schoology.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Must hold valid Ohio Teacher's License in the appropriate area seeking employment, be in the process of seeking reciprocity from out-of-state, or be eligible for an interim license.
- Work experience with children in a multi-ethnic and / or urban setting preferred.
Cincinnati Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and is subject to federal regulations pertaining to employment. The district has a continuing non-discrimination policy which prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status. We hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States.