- Knowledge of research and trends in teaching and learning styles.
- Knowledge of instructional technologies.
- Strong skills in classroom presentation and management.
- Strong interpersonal skills to include the ability to work effectively with students, parents, district staff and community members from diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and writing.
- Ability to plan and implement lessons based upon district and schools goals and objectives.
- Ability to adapt teaching styles to diverse student populations.
- Provide instruction in the core curriculum areas for which employed; make appropriate use of instructional resources and technologies.
- Develop and implement innovative methods for providing instruction to students.
- Support the Minnesota Graduation Standards; implement the goals and objectives of the District and the school and/or program to which assigned.
- Evaluate student performance in accordance with system used by school and/or District; promote student achievement; maintain required student records; make related reports to the principal as prescribed or authorized by the superintendent.
- Maintain contact and communications with parents of students and work with them in the academic development of the student; participate in parent teacher conferences.
- Perform classroom management duties; enforce rules governing the conduct of students; take appropriate disciplinary action with students when necessary.
Saint Paul Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and supports an inclusive workplace environment.