- Planning whole school and grade level events designed to encourage students to enjoy physical activity, practice social emotional skills, and develop a lifelong commitment to health and wellness.
- Demonstrating an interest in working with students from diverse economic and cultural backgrounds.
- Remaining empathetic to students’ previous experiences when observing and responding to their behavior.
- Creating a positive, safe and collaborative classroom environment for students.
- Continuously strengthening their classroom community by investing students and families in our iDream values (Innovation, Diligence, Respect, Empathy, A+ Self Control and Model Student).
- Executing the network adopted unit and lesson plans to accelerate student learning and social emotional development.
- Attending all required meetings to ensure strong communication and professional development, including department, grade level and staff meetings.
- Participating in meetings with their coach to support their development, including observation and feedback meetings, planning meetings and data meetings.
- An unwavering commitment to the academic success and personal development of our students.
- An eagerness to set ambitious, challenging, and tangible goals, and a relentless drive to achieve them.
- An ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and a capacity to remain calm and focused when faced with unexpected challenges.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a diverse group of people.
- A commitment to doing whatever it takes to ensure the success of their founding school.
- Proficiency in working with computers, including commonly used software like Google Documents, Google Sheets, and Excel.
- Experience supporting students and families on the East Side of Buffalo is strongly preferred.
BRICK is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. BRICK promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.