Provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences in the academic subject area assigned to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Enable students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university.
- Valid Texas teaching certificate with required endorsements or training for subject and level assigned.
- Demonstrated competency in the academic subject area assigned.
- [Physical Education Teachers: Must be willing to obtain and maintain a current automated external defibrillator (AED) and CPR certificate].
- Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of district’s curriculum program and show written evidence of preparation as required. Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for individual student differences.
- Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, equipment, and technology that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of students assigned and present subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative regulations.
- Work cooperatively with special education teachers to modify curricula as needed for special education students according to guidelines established in Individual Education Plans (IEP). Work with other members of staff to determine instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to district requirements.