St. Francis of Assisi School in Northeast Baltimore seeks qualified candidates to serve as a part-time (4 days per week) Physical Education Teacher. The Phys. Ed. Teacher is responsible for providing a safe and developmentally appropriate program for students that complies with all mandated state and Archdiocesan policies and procedures.
- Plan and implement engaging developmentally appropriate lessons, including those for a Middle School setting in line with the International Baccalaureate Middle Years Program.
- Observe and assess student progress, recording such progress and sharing with parents as required by school policy. Fill out report cards each trimester including notes about each child.
- Develop procedures for inside and outside the classroom.
- Maintain familiarity with all emergency procedures and protocol.
- Supervise children at all times.
- Communicate in a clear and professional manner. Written communication is grammatically correct and error free. Communicate with parents frequently regarding the student experience, identifying early concerns and providing resources.
- Bachelor's Degree in Physical Education, Exercise Science, or related field.
- MSDE certification, preferred.
- Basic understanding of Catholic School philosophy, goals and objectives; practicing Catholic preferred.
- Basic understanding or willingness to learn about International Baccalaureate Middle Years Program goals and philosophy.
- Positive references and recommendations.