The Physical Education teacher provides learning experiences guided by the Massachusetts Curriculum Frameworks and district standards and requirements.
- Licensed, or eligible for licensure in Physical Education 5-12 by the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education as well as evidence of meeting all Massachusetts Department of Education standards for Highly Qualified Teacher.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, with children and adults.
- Commitment to remain current in content knowledge and teaching strategies.
- Ability to relate well with students, colleagues, parents, and staff.
- Develop and implement plans for the curriculum program assigned and show written evidence of preparation as required.
- Plan and use appropriate instructional/learning strategies, activities, materials and equipment that reflect accommodation and regulatory compliance regarding the individual needs of students with IEPs or 504 Plans.
- Cooperate with other members of the staff in planning and implementing instructional goals, objectives and methods according to the MA Curriculum Frameworks.
- Use appropriate technologies in the teaching/learning process.
- Use formative and summative assessment to inform instruction and improve student achievement.
- Present a positive role model for students that supports the mission of the school.
- Create an environment that is respectful, challenging and responsive to diverse student needs including the physical, social and emotional development of all students.
- Demonstrate sound behavior management practices and administer discipline according to school department policies and administrative regulations.