The primary purpose is to inspire and prepare each and every scholar with the confidence, courage, and competence to achieve their dreams; contribute to community; and engage in a lifetime of learning.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Position provides instruction and support in the curriculum areas for which employed; make appropriate use of instructional resources and technologies.
- Implement the goals and objectives of the District and the school and/or program for which employed.
- Write and implement individual student goals and objectives.
- Maintain contact and communications with parents of students and work with them in the development of each student.
- Considerable knowledge of the curriculum areas the teacher is responsible for instructing.
- Considerable knowledge of educational philosophy, teaching methods and approaches, current researched best practices and strategies.
- Considerable knowledge of students' learning styles and needs, both academic and affective.
- Considerable knowledge of multicultural, gender and disability fair curriculum concepts.
- Working knowledge of instructional technologies.
- Considerable skill in classroom management and organization.
- Ability to effectively facilitate and/or participate in team meetings and parent meetings.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
Osseo Area School District ISD 279 ensures equal employment opportunities regardless of race, creed, gender, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability.