The position of Teacher – Basic Education is for the purpose/s of improving student success in academics or skills through implementing District approved curriculum; documenting teaching and student progress/activities/outcomes; developing lesson plans; modeling the necessary skills to perform assignments; providing a safe and optimal learning environment and providing feedback to students, parents and administration regarding student progress, expectations, goals, etc.
Essential Job Functions:
- Plan and Implement a program of study following state and district outcomes that, as much as possible, meet the individual needs and abilities of the students.
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning.
- Guide the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum student outcomes.
- Employ instructional methods and materials that are appropriate for meeting objectives.
- Assess students’ academic learning and/or skills for the purpose of providing feedback to students, parents and administration regarding students’ progress, expectations, goals, etc.
- Collaborate with school personnel and parents for the purpose of improving the quality of student performance, developing solutions and planning curriculum.
- Implement instructional methods and materials that are most appropriate for achieving stated objectives for instruction and student success.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of instructional theory and best practices, curriculum, state education code and district policies.
- Skills in planning, developing, and implementing appropriate curriculum and assisting students in realizing success. Effective communication skills with students, parents and other school personnel.
- Abilities to stand and walk for prolonged periods, perform a variety of specialized and responsible tasks, maintain records, establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, parent, other school personnel, meet schedule and deadlines. Significant physical abilities include lifting/carrying/reaching/handling, talking/hearing conversations, near/far visual acuity/depth perception and accommodation field of vision.