The teacher is a qualified professional educator who meets the requirements to teach in a Catholic school in the Diocese of Orlando. The teacher is hired by and is directly accountable to the principal. The teacher agrees to abide by the educational policies and procedures of the Diocese of Orlando and the Office of Catholic Schools as well as comply with the educational policies and procedures of the local school.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teaches and acts in accordance with Catholic doctrinal and moral teachings of the Catholic Church;
- Understands and appropriately teaches the curriculum of the Diocese of Orlando;
- Assesses student progress in accordance with the approved procedures of the Diocese of Orlando;
- Knows, teaches and acts consistently in accordance with the mission, philosophy, objectives, and policies and procedures of the Catholic school;
- Maintains Florida state teaching certification;
- Communicates regularly with parents/guardians, colleagues and principal;
- Participates in the Diocese of Orlando Diocesan Catechist Certification Program and in Diocesan and school-sponsored professional development programs;
- Performs teaching duties as assigned by the principal.
Education and Experience:
- Practicing Catholic preferred;
- Compliance with Diocesan FBI fingerprint clearance and compliance with Safe Environment training and test requirements;
- Appropriate Florida State Teaching Certification.
- Requires an appreciation and respect for the Catholic Church and its teachings.
- Church employees must conduct themselves in a manner that is consistent with and supportive of the mission and purpose of the Church.