- Assess individual students. Develop, adapt and implement physical education curriculum on an individual basis or in a small group setting.
- Develop differentiated instruction and curricula that meets the needs of students (K-12) with a wide range of disabilities, including autism, ADHD, learning disabilities and behavioral & emotional challenges.
- On-going collaboration with the student's team to ensure the provision of quality services.
- Evaluate and monitor student progress.
- Accurately complete all paperwork related to provided services in a timely manner as mandated by New York State and school policies and procedures.
- NYS Certification as a Physical Education Teacher.
- Experience providing adaptive physical education preferred.
- Strong collaborative skills.
- Knowledge of positive behavior intervention strategies is preferred.
- Belief in the value of physical exercise for every student, regardless of ability.
- A commitment to meeting the needs of every student.
- A strong belief that all students can succeed.