The Teacher understands the central concepts, methods of inquiry, and structures of disciplines and creates learning experiences that make the content meaningful to all students.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures that all actions are in concert with the Board policies as well as the mission statement, beliefs, objectives and parameters found in the Board’s strategic plan.
- Participates in job training and professional growth opportunities in order to enhance ability to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment.
- Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities that facilitate active learning experiences
- Engage students in an inquiry-based delivery model of instruction.
- Provide a variety of learning materials and resources for use in educational activities.
- Uses a wide range of instructional strategies and technologies to meet and enhance the needs of a diverse student population.
- Considers equitable resources and equitable instructional practices to meet the needs of a diverse student population.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to demonstrate qualities aligned to our core values of Character, Communication, Collaboration and Continuous Improvement.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all school stakeholders.
- Ability to develop relationships with students and parents.
- Knowledge of various instructional strategies and techniques.
- Knowledge of best teaching and assessing practices.
- Working knowledge of State and National Standards.
- Ability to organize and maintain student records which includes gradebooks.