Instructs students in activities designed to promote social, physical, and intellectual growth in the subject matter and skills that will contribute to their development as mature, able and responsible men and women.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teaches District approved curriculum.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interest of the students.
- Prepares for classes assigned.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect student, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and—in harmony with the goals—establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, projects, and the like to communicate these objectives to students.
- Assists the administration in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and conduct, and, for the classroom, develops reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure, and maintains order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
- Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
- Minimum of a four-year degree in area of major study.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Valid SC Teaching Certificate for subject area as required by South Carolina Department of Education.