Primary functions may include the following tasks, knowledge’s, abilities, skills, and other characteristics. This list of tasks is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not intended to be a comprehensive listing of tasks performed by all positions within this classification.
Examples of Tasks:
- Plans, prepares and delivers instructional activities that facilitate active learning experiences; monitors and adjusts as required.
- Uses formal and informal assessment to monitor student progress toward the school achievement goals.
- Develops lesson plans using the Arizona State Standards and instructional materials to meet the needs of each student and ensure growth.
- Provides individualized and small group instruction as appropriate to enhance the learning process.
- Conducts instruction with clearly stated objectives.
- Uses a variety of instructional strategies, such as inquiry, group discussion, student-to-student discourse, lecture, and discovery to meet students’ varying needs.
- Creates an effective learning environment.
- Integrate the use of educational technology in the classroom to support instruction.
- Maintains a safe, organized, and high quality environment that facilitates learning and minimized student disruptions.
- Observes and evaluates students’ performance and development; provide appropriate and timely feedback on work.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university.
- Must hold current valid Arizona teaching certificate, with required endorsement(s) and/or approved area(s) for subject(s)/level(s) assigned.
- Must be appropriately certified in accordance with Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA)** In content area** and Arizona Department of Education laws and regulations.