The job of Teacher is done for the purpose/s of providing support to the instructional process by serving as a teacher with specific responsibility for supervising students within the classroom and other assigned areas; developing lesson plans and delivering group and individual student instruction within established curriculum guidelines; collaborating with other teachers, other professional staff, and administrators in addressing instructional and/or classroom issues; and responding to a wide range of inquiries from students' parents or guardians regarding instructional program and student progress.
- Adapts classroom work for the purpose of providing students with instructional materials that address individualized learning plans within established lesson plans.
Administers developmental testing programs, subject specific assessments, etc. (e.g. DIBELS, AZELLA, GALILEO, Eureka Math, etc.) for the purpose of assessing student competency levels and/or developing individual learning plans.
- Advises parents and/or legal guardians of student progress (e.g. progress reports, report cards, phone calls, behavioral plans, etc.) for the purpose of communicating expectations; student's achievements; developing methods for improvement and/or reinforcing classroom goals in the home environment.
- Assesses student progress towards objectives, expectations, and/or goals for the purpose of providing feedback to students, parents and administration.
- Collaborates with instructional staff, other school personnel, parents and a variety of community resources for the purpose of improving the overall quality of student outcomes, achieving established classroom objectives in support of the school improvement plan.
- Experience Job related experience is required.
- Bachelor's degree in job-related area.