The job of Teacher is done for the purpose/s of providing support to the instructional process by serving as a teacher with specific responsibility for supervising students within the classroom and other assigned areas; developing lesson plans and delivering group and individual student instruction within established curriculum guidelines; collaborating with other teachers, other professional staff, and administrators in addressing instructional and/or classroom issues; and responding to a wide range of inquiries from students' parents or guardians regarding instructional program and student progress.
- Administers subject specific assessments for the purpose of evaluating student competency levels and/or developing individual learning plans.
- Advises parents and/or legal guardians of student progress for the purpose of communicating expectations; student's achievements; developing methods for improvement and/or reinforcing objective-based goals in the home environment.
- Collaborates with instructional staff, district specialists, other school personnel, parents and a variety of community resources for the purpose of improving the overall quality of student outcomes, achieving established classroom objectives in support of college and career readiness and student needs.
- Demonstrates methods required to perform classroom and/or subject specific assignments for the purpose of providing effective instruction addressing individual student requirements.
- Develops instructional materials (e.g. curricula activities, course materials, lesson plans, web-based documents, etc.) for the purpose of meeting the individual needs, interests and abilities of students.
- Directs and collaborates with student teachers, teacher aides, cooperating teachers and volunteers for the purpose of providing effective instruction and addressing the needs of individual students.
- Evaluates student progress towards course objectives in relationship to college and career readiness for the purpose of providing feedback to students, parents and administration.
- Bachelor's degree in job-related area.
- Maintains Certificates and/or Licenses Criminal Justice Fingerprint/Background Clearance.
- Job related experience is desired.