Position requires individual to direct and evaluate the learning experiences of students in both curricular and extracurricular activities.
- Plan and implement a program of instruction that adheres to the district and state philosophy, goals, and objectives.
- Develop purposeful and appropriate lesson plans that provide for effective teaching strategies, engage students, and maximize time on task.
- Employ a variety of effective teaching strategies.
- Utilize relevant technology in lessons.
- Create an environment and lessons that are grade level appropriate to the South Carolina Physical Education Curriculum Standards...
- Assume responsibility for carrying out the policies, rules, and regulations of Horry County Schools and other responsibilities as directed by the principal and program director.
- Particular types of PE instruction may call for a variance from the normal dress policy. Such instances should be the exception rather than the rule. Such dress should still be in compliance with the variations allowed by the district professional dress code for Physical Education.
- Valid South Carolina teaching credential.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Physical Education techniques and processes.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of technology.
- Demonstrated proficiency in written and spoken interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in operation and procedure for use of fire extinguisher, first aid kit, clean-up blood-born pathogen.