- Bachelor's degree in educational field.
- Licensed by the State of Minnesota to teach at the assigned grade level and academic area.
- Relevant experience to position.
- Any other qualifications the Board of Education may deem necessary and desirable for the specific assignment.
- Proven success working cooperatively and congenially with other employees, supervisors, parents, and students.
- Curriculum and Instruction:
- Demonstrate solid content knowledge and pedagogical practices that reflect current research and best practices.
- Teach district approved curriculum without proselytizing to students about his/her own cultural, political, religious, or philosophical beliefs.
- Create instructional goals that are connected to standards, are measurable, establish high expectations, and are relevant to students’ lives
- Deliver differentiated instruction that supports student differences, learning needs, and exceptionalities.
- Implement learning activities that are highly relevant, student active, and maintain organization while allowing for student choice.
- Provide student assessments that are congruent with learning goals and are used to help students’ progress toward mastery of standards.
- Create and maintain a classroom environment that promotes caring and respect, is conducive to effective learning and meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of students.