- Bachelors degree in educational field.
- Licensed by the State of Minnesota to teach at the assigned grade level and academic area.
- Relevant experience to position.
- Any other qualifications the Board of Education may deem necessary and desirable for the specific assignment.
- Proven success working cooperatively and congenially with other employees, supervisors, parents, and students.
- Curriculum and Instruction:
- Demonstrate solid content knowledge and pedagogical practices that reflect current research and best practices.
- Teach district approved curriculum without proselytizing to students about his/her own cultural, political, religious, or philosophical beliefs.
- Create instructional goals that are connected to standards, are measurable, establish high expectations, and are relevant to students’ lives
- Deliver differentiated instruction that supports student differences, learning needs, and exceptionalities.
- Implement learning activities that are highly relevant, student active, and maintain organization while allowing for student choice.
- Provide student assessments that are congruent with learning goals and are used to help students’ progress toward mastery of standards.
- Create and maintain a classroom environment that promotes caring and respect, is conducive to effective learning and meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of students.
Inver Grove Heights Community Schools is an equal opportunity employer and supports an inclusive workplace environment.