The Teacher develops material and lesson plans, conducts classroom instruction and evaluates and assess student performance. The incumbent meets with parents, interprets student progress, and informs parents/guardians about student strengths, weaknesses, and progress.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Plans instruction and other student support activities, including the establishment of overall goals and priorities, lesson plans, classroom activities (i.e., laboratory experiments, media presentations, etc.) and daily lesson plans, as applicable to the teacher's particular assignment. Such plans should be consistent with the School District/department goals and objectives; should consider the needs and abilities of the students; and should incorporate basic components of lesson design, as appropriate. Reviews, selects, and modifies materials and resources consistent with instructional objectives and students' participation so that lesson plans and instructional materials developed are consistent with School District/department goals and objectives.
- Provides instruction to students in a manner which incorporates essential elements of instruction, i.e., teaching specific objectives, teaching at appropriate levels of difficulty, including methods of extending students' thinking, uses techniques to monitor student progress and adjusts instruction accordingly, and correctly employs various principles of learning so that classroom instruction effectively meets the needs of students consistent with School District objectives.
- Establishes behavior expectations and maintains student control in the classroom, on school premises, and/or in school activities by communicating expectations for appropriate behavior. Provides structure and consistency and encourages student responsibility, cooperation, and mutual respect in a manner consistent with School District policies and procedures and legal requirements so that the learning environment is successful.
- BA/BS degree.
- Appropriate licensure for area of teaching.
- Demonstrated teaching skills.
- Good human relation skills. 5. Good communication skills.