Under the direction of the supervisor, develops lesson plans and presents lessons in subject areas to students. Plans, organizes, and implements an appropriate instructional program and learning environment for students.
JOB SPECIFIC DUTIES:
- Plan, prepare and deliver lesson plans and instructional materials that facilitate active learning.
- Develops schemes of work, lesson plans and tests that are in accordance with established procedures.
- Instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and equipment.
- Differentiates physical education instruction.
- Manages student behavior in the classroom by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures.
- Maintain discipline in accordance with the rules and disciplinary systems of the school.
- Provide appropriate feedback on physical education skills.
- Encourage and monitor the progress of individual students and use information to adjust teaching strategies.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of students’ progress and development.
- Update all necessary records accurately and completely as required by laws, district policies and school regulations.
- Completion of an undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university and be eligible to obtain a Georgia Clear and Renewable Teacher Certificate as required by statute.
- Hold a Provisional Georgia Educator’s Certificate AND eligible to obtain a Georgia Clear and Renewable Teacher Certificate as required by statute.