Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach ELA, History, Science, and/or Social Studies to our Founding class of 5th grade students;
- Collaborate with department members on curriculum refinement and implementation;
- Design and implement rigorous assessments that evaluate student mastery of academic standards;
- Create a safe learning environment for all students by implementing Excel’s strategies and best practices with consistency;
- Provide coverage as needed during non-instructional time;
- Serve as a productive member of the Excel Academy community; and
- Do whatever it takes to ensure the mission of the school is upheld.
- A bachelor’s degree is required; a master’s degree is preferred;
- Rhode Island certified or in the process of obtaining certification.
- A commitment to and belief in all students and the mission of Excel Academy Charter Schools, including Excel’s values and educational model;
- A commitment to addressing racial and economic inequity in education;
- The ability to focus and thrive in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment;
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment and the willingness and desire to support others in doing their best work.
Excel Academy Charter School is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws.