To establish a classroom environment that is inclusive, student-focused and respectful; to foster learning and personal growth; to establish effective rapport with students; to motivate students to develop skills, attitudes and knowledge needed; to establish positive relationships other staff members; to engage families in the educational process.
- Teaches variety of subject disciplines to students in a classroom, utilizing course of study determined by the school curriculum.
- Integrates project-based learning into curriculum.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials that provide differentiated, individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student.
- Uses a variety of instruction strategies to meet students’ needs
- Uses assessment tools efficiently to collect data in order to make instructional decisions.
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to achieve a
functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Evaluates students’ academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records, and
prepares progress reports.
- Bachelor’s degree of related subject from accredited university.
- RI State Teaching Certificate.
- Experience is preferred but not necessary for hiring.