To develop in each pupil an understanding of the components of health related fitness, an appreciation for maintaining a relatively high level of cardiovascular endurance, an acute sense of fair play, a desire to participate in the intramural program, a moderate level of skill in a wide variety of sport and adventure activities, and a focus on a positive self concept gained through active participation.
- Educational Level: Bachelor Degree.
- Certification/License Required: Valid Georgia Teaching Certification.
- Experience: None
- Physical Activities: Routine physical activities that are required to fulfill job responsibilities.
- Demonstrates prompt and regular attendance.
- Works cooperatively and follows county guidelines in the teaching of required units of instruction.
- Analyzes, demonstrates, and explains basic skills, knowledge, and strategies of all required units of instruction.
- Provides individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
- Provides appropriate safety instruction and makes safety checks on equipment and field areas.