The Physical Education Teacher is responsible for creating a classroom environment that fosters, promotes and develops an understanding of the relationship of healthy body function and exercise; that motivates each student to cultivate physical fitness, and appropriate social and emotional adjustment; that discovers and develop talents of students in physical achievement; and that develops strength, skill, agility, poise, and coordination in individual, dual and team physical activities and sports, in accordance with each student’s ability.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a curriculum that promotes grade-level standards in physical education and fitness.
- Instruct students on the basic techniques needed to play team sports and other recreational games/activities.
- Discuss the importance of living a healthy lifestyle that includes regular physical activity.
- Monitor and document student participation and progress.
- Lead After-School Sports Club(s) in the Lower School division.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- 3-5 years teaching and/or coaching experience in Physical Education and/or Athletics.
- First-Aid-CPR-AED Certified.
- Knowledge of rules & regulations, strategies, and techniques involved with individual and team sports.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to adapt and improvise lessons based on time and/or space constraints.