ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teaches district approved curriculum based on state frameworks and standards.
- Prepares for assigned classes, and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate supervisor.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and provides individualized and small group instruction to adapt and differentiate the curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
- Translates lesson plans into developmentally appropriate learning experiences.
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
- Evaluates pupils' academic growth through teacher-made tests, standardized tests, checklists, observations, demonstrations, and other performance assessments; keeps appropriate records and prepares progress reports.
- Identifies pupil needs, makes appropriate referrals, and develops strategies to support students with individual education plans.
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree in appropriate major or course of study.
- Valid teaching license for grade level and subject area assigned.
- Meets requirements for Highly Qualified Teacher designation, if applicable to the teaching assignment.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.