To create a class environment favorable to learning and personal growth; to establish effective rapport with pupils; to motivate pupils to develop skills, attitudes and knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for education, in accordance with each pupil's ability; to establish good relationships with parents and with other staff members.
- Communicates, collaborates, and cooperates with colleagues, supervisors, and students.
- Teaches district-approved curriculum.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interest of the students.
- Instruct pupils in citizenship and basic subject matter specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the school district.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional material and provides individualized and small group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
- Translates lesson plans into developmentally appropriate learning experiences.
- Keeps up to date sub notes/plans available.
- Communicates regularly with parents outside normal classroom day by means of newsletters, notes, phone calls, conferences, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Physical Education or equivalent.
- ND Teaching License.
The Fargo Public School District is committed to maintaining a learning and working environment free from discrimination and harassment in all employment and educational programs, activities, and facilities. The District prohibits discrimination and harassment based on an individual’s race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, or other status protected by law.