To develop in each student an understanding of the relationship of good body function and exercise; to motivate each student to cultivate physical fitness, hygienic habits and good social and emotional adjustment; to discover and develop talents of students in physical achievement; to develop strength, skill, agility, poise and coordination in individual, dual and team physical activities and sports, according to each student's ability.
- Appropriate Colorado Department of Education certification.
- Bachelors’ degree with physical education major or minor.
- For those teachers with specific coaching assignments.
- Physical stamina and skill.
- Teach knowledge and skills in physical fitness, health education, rhythms and dance and individual, dual or team sports, using courses of study adopted by the Board of Education and other appropriate learning activities.
- Instruct students in citizenship and basic subject matter specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the school district.
- Work cooperatively with other physical education teachers in planning a balanced physical education program.
- Analyze, demonstrate and explain basic skills, knowledge and strategies of formal sports, games, rhythms and fundamentals of body movement.
- Provide individualized and small group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student to the extent feasible.