ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Utilize effective teaching practices to teach the adopted curricula for assigned grades and subjects so that students attain adopted grade/course expectations and standards.
- Modify and tailor the curriculum as necessary to address individual student differences, learning styles, and student abilities.
- Instruct with adopted materials and utilize supplemental classroom materials, media, and teaching appropriate for assigned levels and subjects.
- Utilize formative and summative assessments to assess the learning, achievement, and performance of each student and report the results as required by District Policy and school procedures.
- Model, promote, and as situations arise, take the opportunity to provide instruction related to character education including citizenship and responsible behavior (respect for self, other and property), bullying prevention, conflict resolution skills, and responsible work habits and ethics.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
TECHNICAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, & ABILITIES:
- Excellent interpersonal relations and oral and written communication skills.
- Strong decision making, analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to work with students with diverse needs at various levels.
- Ability to develop and implement engaging lessons that facilitate student mastery of the Colorado Academic Standards.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the job.
- Ability to promote and follow Board and District policies, Superintendent policies and building/department procedures.
- Ability to communicate, interact and work effectively and cooperatively in a team setting.