- Valid State of Iowa teaching license, required.
- 5-12 Physical Education endorsement, required.
- 5-12 Health endorsement, preferred.
- Previous classroom teaching experience at the 6/7 Level, preferred.
- Utilize organizational and communication skills.
- Create and maintain healthy relationships with students and staff.
- Demonstrate flexibility, high levels of motivation and enthusiasm when working with middle and high school learners.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the elements of a Professional Learning Community (PLC) and be able to apply that understanding to a team situation.
- Understand and apply in professional practice the Waukee Framework for Meeting the Needs of All Students.
- Understand and experience in using multiple teaching methods: co-teaching, collaborating, whole/small group and individualized instruction.
- Commit to differentiating instruction for learners.
- Commit to meeting the needs of diverse learners, including all special populations.
Waukee Community School District is an equal opportunity employer.