Teaches by creating a flexible program and an environment favorable to learning and personal growth by encouraging students to develop skills, attitudes and knowledge needed to obtain a good foundation for continuous growth and development; by providing students with experiences which integrate the affective, cognitive and psychomotor dimensions of learning; by establishing effective rapport with students and their parents; by assisting students in developing positive feelings toward themselves and others.
- Cooperates in the development and implementation of the District program of instruction.
- Plans and implements a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests and abilities of students and complies with State Department of Education Standards and the APS Board of Education goals and objectives.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals.
- Establishes clear objectives for all lessons, assignments, units and projects in harmony with curriculum goals and communicates the objectives to students.
- Employs instructional methods and materials that are most appropriate for meeting stated objectives.
- Establishes and maintains standards of appropriate student behavior and discipline to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom and assists in its maintenance campus wide.
- Evaluates the learning progress of students on a regular basis.
- Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress.
- Valid New Mexico Teaching license.
- Endorsement in Physical Education.