The Intensive Education Academy (IEA) is currently hiring a Physical Education-Health Teacher for its 2023-2024 School Year. The PE/Health Teacher provides instructions and guidance on core competencies of PE and Health Education to students with special needs. Contributes to the educational, social, and psychological development of students with special needs. This position reports directly to the Director of Education.
- Bachelor's in PE and Health.
- CT State Teacher Certification PE 044 and Health 043.
- Plan physical education/health program to promote the development of student's physical attributes and social/emotional skills.
- Assess student performance levels, learning styles, strengths, and weaknesses and develop appropriate goals and objectives.
- Teach and oversee individual and team sports to students, utilizing knowledge of sports techniques and of physical capabilities of students.
- Act as a resource for students, parents/guardians, and staff in support of healthy living and positive choices.
- Provide professional role modeling for students and maintain appropriate boundaries and social interactions.
- Engage and implement a learning environment to encourage student responsibility, cooperation, and mutual respect in line with the school's positive behavioral intervention plan.