- Teaches knowledge and skills in physical fitness, health education, rhythms and dance, and
individual, dual, or team sports, utilizing course of study adopted by the State's Department of
Education and other appropriate learning activities.
- Analyzes, demonstrates, and explains basic skills, knowledge, and strategies of formal sports,
games, rhythms, and fundamentals of body movement.
- Provides appropriate safety instruction and makes safety checks on equipment and gym/field
areas to insure the over-all safety of students.
- Maintains required inventory records on existing uniforms, equipment, and instructional aids.
- Maintains control of storage and use of school-owned property.
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to provide an orderly,
productive environment in the physical education areas.
- Evaluates each student's growth in physical skills, knowledge, and contribution in team sports.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant teaching area is required.
- Current State certification/licensure in appropriate teaching area.
- Knowledge of State Standards and Common Core Standards.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Successful completion of federal and state criminal background checks.
- Ability to work well under pressure, and effectively prioritize and execute tasks to meet deadlines consistently.
- Ability to use discretion in managing confidential information.
- High quality written and verbal communication skills.
ACCEL Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer – it is our policy to abide by all federal, state, and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination. Each applicant for employment is considered solely based on job qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, veteran status, or any other protected status except where a reasonable, bonafide occupational qualification exists.