The job of "Teacher - Middle School" is done for the purpose/s of developing students' academic skills through academic courses of study and implementing District approved curriculum; documenting teaching and student progress/activities/outcomes; addressing specific educational needs of students; providing a safe and optimal learning environment, and providing feedback to students, parents and administration regarding student progress, expectations, goals, etc.
Essential Job Functions:
- Help each pupil develop competence in subject matter skills; motivate each pupil to apply understanding and skills in the solution of problems; develop good relationships with parents and with other staff members.
- Teach courses to secondary pupil utilizing course of study adopted by the Board of Education, and appropriate curriculum publications as guidelines in teaching individual course content.
- Instruct pupils in citizenship, basic communication skills, and other general elements of the course of study common to all teachers, as specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the school district.
- Develop lesson plans and appropriate instructional aids.
- Demonstrate concepts using models, chalkboard, overhead projector, and other standard or teacher-prepared instructional aids.
- Provide opportunities when needed for individualized and small group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Teaching Credential for appropriate level of instruction and/or subjects.
- Highly Qualified Status for assignment.
- Criminal Justice fingerprint clearance.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and First Aid Certificates.
Gresham-Barlow School District recognizes the diversity and worth of all individuals and groups. It is the policy of this district and the board of education that there will be no discrimination or harassment of individuals or groups in any educational programs, activities or employment. Gresham-Barlow provides equal access to individuals with disabilities.