- Develops and implements programming associated with P.E. to be delivered in a classroom setting for 9-12 students.
- Supports and implements the district curriculum, standards and benchmarks.
- Assists school staff with strategies to support and meet students’ needs and achievement of academic goals.
- Provides active communication and positive relationships with parents and community members.
- Assists in planning and delivery of social/emotional/behavioral school-wide programming.
- Assists and collaborates with the principal, school counselor, staff, parents and students on matters pertaining to P.E./Health.
- Maintains appropriate records and protects the confidentiality of data.
- Meets the 8 Iowa Teaching Standards and 42 criteria on a consistent basis.
- Believes that all children can attain high levels of learning.
- Takes responsibility for the learning of our children and his/her own performance.
- Possesses the knowledge and skills to build effective educational experiences that benefit all children.
- Applies the principles of continuous improvement through the use of quality tools and processes.
- Functions as an effective member of the educational/school team.
- Won’t shy from today’s educational challenges.
- Utilizes effective interpersonal skills.
- Has a track record of success.
- Works with great integrity.
The Cedar Rapids Community School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The district does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or disability.