Reporting to the Principal, the Physical Education Teacher is responsible for direct instruction through curriculum implementation, lesson planning, data disaggregation, and classroom management. Additional responsibilities include maintaining compliance with individual student Education Plans, Section 504 Plans, etc. S/he will insure operational and functional knowledge of best practices in education, state and federal education law, FERPA and FAPE law, parent relations, behavioral management, documenting and reporting, and process-driven accountability.
- Provides direct instruction in whole-class, small group, and individual settings.
- Utilizes data-driven instruction and PSOE educational frameworks to insure delivery of standard’s driven instruction to all students.
- Completes assessments, grading, planning, and conferences with students, staff, and families within appropriate timelines.
- Implement and direct the school athletics program, to include scheduling, activities, transportation, and fundraising.
- Write, implement, and evaluate their own professional development plans.
- Solicit constructive feedback from lead teachers, curriculum coordinators, and others who are observing instruction.
- Support the professional development plans of colleagues.
- Stay current with physical fitness and health education news and research.
- Attend one physical fitness and health education meeting per semester.
- Valid Indiana State Teaching License or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in field of education.
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and production.
- Excellence in organizational management and data disaggregation, with the ability to manage multiple tasks, and set and achieve strategic objectives.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills.
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to planning.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
- Passion, idealism, integrity, grit, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.