Under the general supervision of the Program Director, the Health/PE teacher will plan, organize and implement an appropriate secondary physical education instructional program. This vacancy seeks a candidate with experience or expertise in the delivery of secondary physical education curriculum, knowledge and skills in creative lifelong fitness based content, and to strengthen a student’s physical, emotional, social and academic skills to enable the student to recognize the importance of participating in physical activities that are designed to maintain and enhance healthy life styles.
- Develops and administers Health and Physical Education project-based learning curriculum and instruction.
- Facilitate social-emotional lessons and activities.
- Design and implement team-building activities for small and large groups.
- Participate in all related meetings, and provide appropriate feedback to students.
- Develops students' concepts in leadership, teamwork, responsibility and social skills; providing a safe and optimal learning environment; and appropriate feedback to regarding student progress, expectations, and goals.
- Organizes and maintains a system for accurate and complete record-keeping, grading, and reporting for all student activities, achievement and attendance.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of current physical education instructional methods, as well as differentiated instruction based upon student learning styles.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws and regulations regarding education and students, as well as relating to health education.
- Knowledge of physiology, health and nutrition, biology and biological functions, anatomy, hygiene, exercise, and best ways to promote physical and mental well-being.