The Physical Education Teacher will be directly responsible to the building principal for all matters pertaining to the operation of the school plan, in-building administrative and personnel procedures, and general or district-wide policies. He/she will be indirectly responsible to the Director of Secondary Education for all matters pertaining to curriculum, instructional methods, assessment and materials.
- Provide a personalized instructional program that is compatible with the abilities, needs and learning characteristics of each student;
- Implement prescribed curriculum;
- Create a child-centered learning environment that is characterized by the consistent application of sound mental health and educational psychology practices;
- Follow prescribed curriculum, instructional methods and materials;
- Employ creative methods of instruction and utilize a variety of materials within the structure of the designated curriculum;
- Become acquainted with the characteristics, needs, abilities and problems of each child through personal interaction and by seeking information from psycho-educational reports, hearing and vision reports, staffing notes, end-of-the-year student status reports, etc.;
- Inform the Academic Chair whenever a student's attendance is unsatisfactory.
Waukegan Community Unit School District 60 offers employment opportunities without regard to age, gender, gender identity, race, color, national origin, religion, marital or military/veteran status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, parental status, genetics, disability or other protected category.