Under the general supervision of the School Principal, to develop students' physical skills and abilities, strength, agility, poise, coordination, and teamwork; to develop students' understanding of the importance of exercise to physical and mental well-being; and to motivate students to work towards, physical fitness, hygiene, and good health.
Essential Performance Responsibilities:
- Develops and administers Physical Education classes consistent with school district goals and objectives.
- Teaches knowledge of, and develops skills and abilities in, physical fitness, rhythm and dance, coordination and agility, exercise, and sports,
- Develops students' concepts in leadership, teamwork, responsibility and social skills; providing a safe and optimal learning environment; and appropriate feedback to regarding student progress, expectations, and goals.
- Conducts ongoing assessment of student growth and progress in physical educational activities, and modifies instructional methods to fit individual student's needs, including students with special needs.
- Continues to acquire professional knowledge and learn of current developments in the educational field by attending seminars, workshops or professional meetings, or by conducting research.
- Organizes and maintains a system for accurate and complete record-keeping, grading, and reporting for all student activities, achievement and attendance as required by district procedures and applicable laws.
- Assists in coordinating extra-curricular activities, including student performances, assembles, and athletic events.
- Current Illinois Certification appropriate to the position.
- Current Certificate Endorsement in Health and physical education.
- Current valid Driver’s License (If applicable for the position).