To help students learn subject matter and skills that will contribute to their development as mature, able, and responsible men and women.
- Illinois State Certification in teaching field.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Ability to function effectively as a member of the school staff.
- Maintains an instructional atmosphere that is conducive to a high quality educational program.
- Utilizes a variety of instructional strategies to accommodate individual differences.
- Provides feedback which includes constructive criticism that motivates students.
- Has high expectations for daily and long-term student achievement.
- Organizes and arranges classroom so as to facilitate learning and minimize student disruption.
- Sets limits of student behavior which are defined, communicated, and monitored.
- Keeps up with current developments, research, and literature in his/her teaching field and the field of education.
- Keeps parents and students informed of each student’s academic progress.